Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Commercial Blog

11/7    In the last two classes we successfully were able to start editing our commercial. We finally imported our footage onto pinnacle studio. We had some issues because we didn't understand how to turn our Zip folder into a regular folder. With some help from the internet I figured it out. I also imported the footage because my group was very confused. The Pinnacle Studio software was quite difficult. I was right about my guess that the more we play around with it the better we learned because I got to learn how to crop and add in transitions. There were times were I was so frustrated that I wanted to break the computer but I calmed down and kept my cool. My group mates also got frustrated but they remembered our notes and that's what we use for guidance. I am curious to know if we are allowed to use another editing software so I will ask my teacher next class.
     On our first day of editing we got the basics down. Imported our footage and we figured out the transition part. One of my group mates figured out how to crop our footage which helped us a lot with editing and saving time. Today we added in the correct transition because we wanted a fade in and out. Also we decided on a song that we want to put into the background. Now we need to do a mp3 converter of our music and add it into the commercial. I'm going to get a head start and do that as soon as possible. So next week when I come into class I can just add the music. I didn't get to finish editing the end, we want to add in a whole section that just says "Just Do It." We also agreed on putting the Nike logo.
     Overall, it's a fun experience getting to understand Pinnacle Studio. Next project I want to do my project alone to be able to use my full potential. I had ideas that I wanted to be included but they weren't allowed. I want to use my own phone and editing software because I think I would be more comfortable using something that I have more experience in. Hopefully though I can use the tripod with my phone because I want to get smoother takes. Since my teachers weren't here I had to hold back on some questions. My group members and I are all impressed with the outcome so far. I believe if we had more time today we probably would've finished. Today was a PSD day so we lost about an hour. I can't wait till we finish this project to see what our final film looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment