Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

10/25 On the 24th we had to film the whole class and we got lucky and was able to finish. On that day we got to use our equipment for the first time and we all got to commercial. Everyone was included in the commercial. I contributed by filming some of the scenes and being an actor in the commercial. I also helped fixing the camera because my group members didn’t know how put the SD card in and opening the camera lens.  It was honestly a fun experience and I enjoyed it a lot. There were some things that we had some trouble with, for example we had a problem using the tripod, getting certain angles that we thought would’ve been perfect, and the dumping process. Unfortunately we couldn’t bring certain props to personal issues. I brought my Nike Chile jersey, Nike socks, and some Nike running shoes. We wanted to bring more Nike shirts because we thought it would look better in the commercial. 
     For the editing process we actually haven’t started it. We will be having a head start next class because some people didn’t have enough time to film everything. We were able to dump our footage onto the computer. At first there were some issues because the camera’s time and date weren’t set correctly before and we forgot to adjust it. We didn’t lose the footage and that’s what we were freaking out about the most. We followed the rules that we were told but, there was a weird file that was named something completely different so we got confused until we clicked on it. We had some assistance by our teacher and everything went back on track. The more we get to mess around and experience the more we’ll slowly understand Pinnacle Studios. That’s the name of the editing software we will be using. It’s a very interesting software that doesn’t seem hard to use.
     Overall it was a fun experience getting to finally learn everything on our first project. My group and I worked really well together and I look forward. We could’ve improved on using the tripod more for stability because we honestly didn’t use it all. For the specific angle we used we couldn’t us the tripod. I feel bad though because when I was recording I feel like my scenes were not to the highest standard. Once we get to editing we will improve some of our scenes. Our transitions are something that I’m excited about. We all came up with idea together and loved our transitions. They’re supposed to be from one Nike logo on the product to a different Nike logo on a different product. I really hope it turns out the way we envisioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment