Monday, October 14, 2019

Editing Blog

10/14      Today we learned how to use our equipment. We also learned how to check in and out our equipment. We have to get an agreement and whenever we are done we have to bring the camera the very next day unless there's a day off or a long weekend. Our teachers have their own specific way of how to give out cameras. We also have to sign out our SD card reader and media passes for when we shoot in the school. The camera it self is very easy to use. To turn it on and off you simply need to pull out the screen or close it. The camera we are using is a camcorder, so overall they are built to be easy to handle. I've had past experience with it, so I will have some basic knowledge on how to use it.
     We also learned how to use a tripod and the different levers that go along with it. There is a specific lever that makes the tripod way taller so we can have higher angles. For the SD card its very easy to slide it in to the camera. I'm excited to use the tripod because now it will help give us more stability and smoother takes. If we want to do a pan or tilt movement then it will really help us. The physical equipment itself doesn't seem like too much a challenge. In our group we already have people who have had experience with different cameras and other pieces of equipment. What I'm worried about is the SD card because since it's so small it can be easily lost. Now the editing process may be a little complex for me but not a challenge. I'm excited to see what I can do to make my commercial better with editing.
     The editing process is something I'm definitely looking forward to. We will be using the Pinnacle Studio program. When logging in we can only use one persons login we cannot switch logins. We will have to make a folder that has all our footage and if we cannot find it then we will go to a section that says private. After, we go to a couple more other folders and it'll lead us straight to all our footage. When you take the footage and put it into the computer its called "dumping." We are going to dump it into a USB and a Google Drive just in case we lose our footage somewhere. My teacher said always import your footage. Overall, it seems like a lot but I think this will be good because it will keep me distracted for a while. This will also teach me how to edit and I've been excited to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment