Thursday, December 5, 2019

Editing Blog

12/5  Now that I finished filming I'm moving onto the editing process. Today we are supposed to edit in class and already have our footage dumped. I finished my editing on iMovie so the process was quicker and smoother. I luckily already finished my editing although I want to edit more with special effects and etc. I think its good that I get experimental and try to put effects because not only does it make the video more diverse but it shows authenticity of the creator. If anything gets in my way and I'm unable to edit any special effect I will be okay with it because I got the basics down. I do need to add special transitions because I didn't add any. What I'm interested in adding is different effects such as, fade in and fade out, jump cuts, and dissolve. I have improved with my editing since the last film my group and I. Doing my music video alone has helped me because I can put my own editing ideas in my video without hassle. I'm interested in the filming process and I can't wait for more projects to come.
     We will have more time in other classes as well. Today is the first day for editing and luckily I don't have to use the school's editing software. The one I use was faster and easier because I was able to access my footage from any other device as long as I signed in. I'm glad my editing process was quick and simple. I don't think I could ever handle using the school's editing software. It's a good software although it is too slow and we aren't given enough time. The school should at least change our devices for this class in specific. This class needs speed for these programs and should be given computers like the ones in photography class or comm tech. I shouldn't complain though because I have my own and it works clean. My video came out clean and easy.
     Somethings I look forward to in this editing software is editing colors. I don't know what my next project will be although I would love to make a film that is very colorful. I want to edit it and see if there are any coloring options that will make the colors in my next film stick out. Hopefully, the next project we get is something where we can be creative like this music video. Something that is less forced like our commercial project although something creative like this one because then we can be able to put our mind to it. I'm nervous to see what it will be but I want my editing to improve. I want it to be a major improvement. I will definitely need to manage my time for this next project because I want to get a good grade in the mid-term. This next editing process needs to be quick but the best it can possibly be. Nothing is going to mess this up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment